Quarterly review journal
KURSK SCIENTIFIC AND PRACTICAL BULLETIN
"MAN AND HIS HEALTH"
Scientifically-practical journal from Kursk State Medical University, Kursk Regional Branch of Russian Academy of Natural Sciences
Founded in 1998
Rules for Authors
- These rules are based on the "Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals" International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (www.icmje.org).
All publications in the journal are free. The publication is included in the renewed list of Russian scientific journals of Higher Attestation Commission from 01 December 2015, which should be published basic scientific results of theses for the degree of doctor and candidate of sciences.
In the journal "Kursk Scientific and Practical Bulletin "Man and His Health" printed previously unpublished works in experimental biology and medicine, clinical medicine, physiology, psychology and pharmacy. Publications can be presented in the form of original research, scientific and methodological articles, literature reviews, discussion papers, lectures, short communications, reports on congresses, symposiums and conferences. Directed the original work should give a complete picture of the research methods, the collected material and its statistical processing (including an indication of the specific statistical criteria).
Are not accepted for publication of the article:
- made in violation of the rules and norms of humane treatment of the objects of study;
- previously printed in other publications or sent for publication.
Puts his signature under the article, the author thereby:
- transfers the rights to publish his works and translations edition (including the possibility of sending in scientific data bases, etc.);
- guarantees the original articles and compliance with international and Russian legal norms in experimental, pre-clinical and clinical studies;
- is solely responsible for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of their analysis;
- agrees to transfer articles to third parties for peer review and the ability to publish any information obtained edited (in particular, e-mail address);
- agrees to the processing of the submitted personal data;
- fully accepts these rules.
The organization aims to become, along with the authors responsible for it.
Authors, if necessary, must identify potential conflicts of interest related to this work, as well as potential reasons for their occurrence. In addition, in some cases, perhaps an indication of the persons who, according to the authors, it is not necessary to propose to review the manuscript explaining the reasons.
You should also indicate the submission of the manuscript and all previous work (if any) which may be regarded as dublibliruyuschaya publication of the same or very similar work.
- To the editorial office hands:
- formal referral from the institution where the work was performed (with the signature and seal of the head) - 1 copy (except for work performed only in KSMU);
- if necessary - an expert opinion (signed and sealed) - 1 copy;
- article (+ tables, figures, charts, and so on.) - 2 copies, signed by all the authors on one of them and visa head of the institution;
- abstracts in Russian and English - 2 copies;
- information about authors (surname, first name, patronymic, academic degree and position, contact telephone number (mobile and work), email address, place of work, home address). Separately stated the author responsible for correspondence and the author (guarantor) is responsible for the integrity of the work as such (by default, this is the same person, unless otherwise stated);
- consent to the processing of personal data in the form provided on the journal's website;
- disk (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW) or USB flash drive in separate files containing electronic versions of: articles, tables, figures, graphs, abstracts, information about the author in the format * .doc or * .rtf.
Electronic and printed versions must be identical in content and design. For the convenience of reviewing and editing the manuscript pages numbered, starting with the first.
- Materials submitted in the format in the format * .doc or * .rtf using font Times News Roman. A4 page, the layout of the sheet - book, font size - 14, line spacing - one and a half (no more than 30 lines per page), margins - 2 cm indented paragraph - 1.25 cm, without hyphenation.
Do not use:
- numbered lists;
- landscape page layout;
- macros and styles;
- labels in headers and footers;
- more than one space in a row (instead you must use the automatic alignment, tabs, indentation);
- mas, rather than point to a set of decimals (eg 0.05 instead of 0,05 right).
- Abstracts both in Russian and English languages must have the following structure (from the beginning to the end):
- UDC (to be specified in the abstract in Russian);
- title of the article (not allowed to use only capital letters);
- surname and then initials of the author (s);
- full name of the institutions and departments, in which the work was done, city and country.
Do not specify a universal prefix, talking about ownership, organizational, legal and other non-specific features of the institution (eg, GBOU, VPO, FGBU etc.).
Initially, in the nominative case indicates division title, and then in the genitive case - institutions (eg, Department of Pathophysiology of the Kursk State Medical University, Kursk).
If there are several - uppercase Arabic numerals indicate the authors affiliation relevant organizations / departments.
- contact e-mail the author conducting the correspondence (to be specified in the abstract in Russian);
- keywords or phrases separated by commas (up to 7)
Abstracts must be in volume from 600 to 1000 characters, in general conform to the structure of Article 1 and represent a logical whole paragraph of text (without isolation subtitles). Please be aware that quite often abstract is the only source of information about an article in the Russian and international scientific data bases and serves as the basis for quoting work. It is important to use the officially adopted the English version of the name of institutions properly transliterated names and initials of authors.
- Articles should be structured as follows:
- name (in capital letters aligned to the center) - must accurately reflect the content of the article;
- surname, initials of the author (s);
- name of the institution and the structural unit in which the work is done; then placed the empty string;
- followed by the actual text of the work.
The article should contain the following sections: an introduction with a clear formulation of research objectives, materials and methods, results and discussion with the conclusion or conclusions, references.
The article is desirable only 3 titles: "MATERIALS AND METHODS", "RESULTS AND DISCUSSION", "References." It is not necessary to additionally introduce other headings and subheadings (eg., "Introduction", "Actuality" et al.).
In the "Materials and methods" should provide information to the extent and in such detail as to allow repeatability of the results for any third-party researchers.
At the request of the authors in the text of the article can be added section "Acknowledgements", which is necessary to obtain the written consent (to the editor is not available) lists of persons - to the editor is not available.
The volume of paper with the results of original research should not exceed (including tables, references, figure captions and summaries) 15 pages;
- reviews, lectures and problem articles - up to 20 pages;
Manuscripts larger granted without the consent of the editors, are not considered./li>
- Photomicrographs and drawings are available in black and white in jpg or tiff with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. On the flip side, only the second instance of pencil drawings indicate the figure number, name of the author and title of the article, the word denotes the top of the figure. After each image must have a common signature and explanations of all the curves, letters, numbers and other cuts. Captions to microphotographs must indicate an increase and a method of painting or impregnation. Illustrations in black and white should be clear and legible, and the symbols on them - contrasting and clearly identifiable.
The number of pictures to articles should not exceed 5. These figures should not repeat the material table. Each schedule attached figures for its construction.
Do not use:
- autoshape image forming elements;
- colored version of the image.
- Tables (up to 5) must contain generalized and statistically processed materials research, have a number and title. The tables all graphs should have titles, numbers and units correspond to the text, abbreviations of words are not allowed. Repeat the same data in the text and in the figures in the tables are not to be.
- Article contraction of the words is allowed only with the initial indication of the full name or according to the list adopted by the Committee of standards. Units of measurement are given in accordance with the international system of units. The names of foreign authors are given in the original transcription. Chemical and mathematical formulas should be carefully checked. Greek letters are underlined in red, latin - blue.
- References are listed as a complete bibliographic description of works in alphabetical order (first Russian and then the Latin alphabet).
When making references in italics indicate ALL ARTISTS used work!
Examples of references.
For journal articles:
Kalyuzhin O.V., Gitlin I.G., Kalina N.G., Mulik E.L., Naroditsky B.S., Logunov D.Y., Tahvatulin A.I. Influence cell wall composition and Bifidobacterium bifidum Saccharomyces cerevisiae mice survival in experimental sepsis // Kursk scientific and practical bulletin "Man and his health". – 2012. – N 3. – P. 10-14.
Reutov V.P., Sorokina E.G., Shvalev V.N., Kosmachevskii O.V., Krushinsky A.L., Kuzenkov V.S., Svinov M.M., Kositsyn N.S. The possible role of nitrogen dioxide formed at the bifurcation of blood vessels, in the processes of their damage in hemorrhagic stroke and the formation of atherosclerotic plaques // Advances of Physiological Sciences. – 2012. – Vol. 43, N 4. – P. 73-93.
Berezov TT, Korovin BF Biological Chemistry: a textbook. – 3rd ed., stereotype. – Moscow : Medicine, 2012. – 704 p.
Akulenko L.V., Ugarov I.V. Medical Genetics / O.O. Yanushevich, S.D. Arutiunova ed. – Moscow : GEOTAR-Media, 2011. – 208 p.
Pathophysiology: the textbook: in 2 vol. / Ed. V.V. Nowicki, E.D. Goldberg, O.I. Urazova. – 4th ed., Rev. and add. – Moscow : GEOTAR-Media, 2009. – Vol. 1. – 848 p.: il.
Chapters in the book:
Enikeev D.A. Pathophysiology of extreme conditions // Pathological physiology / ed. A.I. Volozhin, G.V. Poryadina – Moscow : MEDpress, 1998. – Vol. 1. – P. 447-473.
Cardiac catheterization through the artery of the forearm [Электронный ресурс] // Russian Agency of medical and social information AMI. – Access mode: http://ria-ami.ru/news/86706, free (07.04.2013).
The Swiss offered to diagnose disease by breathing [Электронный ресурс] // Medportal.Ru. – Access mode: http://medportal.ru/mednovosti/news/2013/04/05/breathprints/, free (02.04.2013)
A method for manufacturing flexible tubes : application 54-161681 Japan, MKI B 29 D 23/18 / Yosiaki Inaba. – № 53-69874 ; stated 12.06.78 ; publ. 21.12.79, Vol. N 34. – 4 p.
Multi-layer polyolefin shrink film : pat. 4194039 USA, MKI В 32 В 7/2, В 32 В 27/08 / W.B. Muelier. – № 896963 ; stated 17.04.78 ; publ. 18.03.80, Vol. N 9. – 3 p.
Number of references should not exceed 30 for review articles - 100. The text in square brackets, reference is made to the work of a serial number in the reference list. DO NOT ALLOW links to conference papers, thesis, dissertation abstracts, unpublished work.
Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of bibliographic data rests with the author.
- Submitted materials must undergo peer review process is confidential. In case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer, the authors have the right to present a reasoned response to the review.
If in the process of preparing for publication editors have questions, the article found semantic or technical defects, it can be returned to the author for correction. The editors also reserve the right to correct and reduce the adopted materials, if necessary. In addition, if you need it, the author is obliged to provide the raw data. In case of return of articles in processing its preliminary review does not mean that the article is accepted for publication. After receiving a new text with the original copy and the response to comments from reviewer have all work shall be reviewed by the Editorial Board. After patching the author sends to the editor full version of the paper, including figures, tables, charts, and so forth., Not only the parts in which changes have been made. Date of receipt of the article is the day of receipt of the final text.
The possibility of any inconsistencies with the rules for authors should be consistent with the editorial board.
If there is no reaction to the comments by the authors of the editorial board for more than 6 months article is automatically considered withdrawn. Articles that do not conform to the rules listed above, may be rejected without explanation edited.
The editors ensure the safety of the submitted personal data.
Approximate date of the submission of articles to its publication may be up to 8 months. Frequency of publication of the magazine - 4 times a year.
The procedure for review of manuscripts submitted for publication
- The publication reviews all materials coming to the editorial board that are relevant to its subject matter, with a view to their expert evaluation. All reviewers are recognized experts on the topic of peer-reviewed materials and have published in the last 3 years on the subject of the article being reviewed. The reviews are kept in the publishing house and in the editorial office of the publication for 5 years.
- The editors of the publication send copies of reviews or motivated refusals to the authors of the submitted materials, and also undertake to send copies of the reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon receipt of the relevant request to the editorial office.
- Manuscripts that meet the editorial board rules for authors, executive secretary is the chief editor of the magazine, and his deputy for a decision on the choice of the reviewer.
- After selecting a reviewer of the second copy of the manuscript to comply with the principle of anonymity is removed, all information about the author of the article and the institution where the study was performed.
- The second copy of the manuscript impersonal executive secretary of the referee sends.
- The first copy remains in the registration documents on a limited edition access to it. Access to registration data are: the chief editor, deputy editor, the executive secretary, technical editor.
- Received reviews the executive secretary is the chief editor of the magazine, and his deputy to discuss at a meeting of the editorial board and a decision on acceptance of the manuscript for publication, its deviation or a direction for further review.
- An additional review by the decision of the editorial board. Chief Editor of the Editorial Board with the advice of the first reviewer and on a confidential basis shall send the manuscript to the second referee.
- In the case of the submission of scientific papers summarizing the results of several scientific specialties, the editor in chief or his deputy may initially select some reviewers.
- In case of rejection of the manuscript submitted to the authors sent a reasoned refusal by the decision of the editorial board with the results of the review without data reviewers.
- All information about the journal reviewers is confidential at all stages of discussion of the manuscript. Access to it are: the chief editor, deputy editor, the executive secretary, technical editor.
- In the event that the author (co-author) of the manuscript is the chief editor, deputy editor, executive secretary and technical editor, measures are being taken to eliminate their awareness of reviewing the article.
Editorial office address: 305041, Kursk, K. Marx st. 3, Kursk scientific and practical bulletin "Man and his health".
Phone. (4712) 58-81-48. Fax (4712) 58-81-37.
Contact Information: Department of Pathophysiology, c. 336, professor Igor Ivanovich Bobyntsev, Andrey Evgen'evich Belykh.